Monday, May 10, 2010

Norman artist Debby Kaspari's home destroyed by tornado tonight

Tonight Oklahoma got hit by tornadoes.  Many homes were destroyed, buildings were torn apart, cars got tossed about.  Sadly three were killed in Tecumseh and another two died in Choctaw. Tens of thousands are without power.

Debby and Mike Kaspari are just one story among many, many today in Oklahoma. Their home was destroyed by a tornado this afternoon but, thank God, they came out of the experience safe and sound.

Debby's art is amazing and it makes me sick to realize that much of it may now be scattered across Central Oklahoma. You can see some of her wonderful work on her blog Drawing the Motmot. Debby is @DAMotmot on Twitter and is also on Facebook.

Please keep the Kasparis and the many other Oklahomans touched by the tornadoes tonight in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. My home was hit in 1983 we are blessed to still be living...I thank God for the years he's added to my family my kids where just babies when we were hit. I pray for the families who lost love ones last night....they are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. To show her how much we appreciate her art, and that we know how important it is to her, I have organized a studio rebuilding campaign with Norman residents, artist and non-artist friends of mine from Louisville Kentucky, and anyone else around the world wanting to show support.

    More information can be found on my blog at http://scissortailed.blogspot.com/2010/05/where-wind-comes-sweeping-down-plain.html

    ReplyDelete