Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Prudence Little Remembered

Prudence Little died on the 22nd day of May, 2010 at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. I had the great honor of participating in a few activities with this remarkable woman and am deeply saddened at her passing. Pru attended Wellesley College and graduated with honors in economics in 1965. She then attended the University of Oklahoma College of Llw and graduated first in the class of 1968. She had a stellar legal career and contributed greatly to numerous Oklahoma programs and I urge you to honor her contributions by taking a moment to read her obituary (Click here to view Prudence Little's Obituary in The Oklahoman). Equally noteworthy is that she did it all with grace and kindness and patience and wisdom. Add to that the fact that she spent the past 35 "dealing with" cancer -- advanced melanoma (diagnosed in 1975), advanced breast cancer diagnosed in (1998), ovarian cancer (diagnosed in 2004), and advanced melanoma cancer again (diagnosed 6 months ago). I can't even begin to comprehend how to cope with that burden yet Pru dealt with it extraordinary grace and courage. I wish I'd known her better; I envy those who did; and I grieve her passing. I am making a donation to the Oklahoma Women's Coalition today in her memory. Who do you know who deserves to be remembered for the way they touched your life or the lives of Oklahomans? Take a moment to honor their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment